Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Countdown

We had so much planned in the run-up to the holidays...and then, I wound up in the hospital for a week.

Grandma Bobbie rushed down to help with the kids for the first few days, and Grammo & PopPop arrived as reinforcements. The activities in the Santa advent calendar had to be paused...and rethought.

Cookie day didn't have to mean baking, it could mean eating cookies. Walking through Zoolights could be driving through Winter Wonderland.

It was wonderful to have so many friends visit me in the hospital, but as lovely as the distraction was, I missed my kiddos painfully. So much so that I talked my way out of my festively decorated hospital room in time for the first night of Hanukkah.

I have to take it slow and not fall into doing all I normally would, and follow a bizarre diet, but being with my babes is worth the effort.

No comments: