Friday, March 09, 2012

Gracie At The Zoo

Grace has been asking to go to the zoo for a while, but always on rainy days. I know how to zoo in the rain, but I save that knowledge for when I am caught by showers. I wait for the sun - and today it came out!

Gram-Mo & Pop Pop were still here, so we talked them into coming with us. I let Grace run the show, since she usually has to compromise with her brothers or girlfriends. Before we left, she wanted the stroller and a snack - so we packed the Joovy and some Goldfish and were on our way.

I have a tried and true path for zoo-ing, but Grace set the order of the animals. Sea lions, otters, fish, polar bears, penguins, pigs, monkeys, elephants, lions, zebras (she refused to stop at the hippos & only barely paused at the giraffes) & tigers.

Thank goodness the zoo thinks to pack in the less popular animals - we got to see how a leatherback turtle can bend its shell.

The highlight photography-wise was when Pop Pop woke up the cheetahs so I could get a better picture of him and Grace. They were NOT amused.

No comments: