Friday, December 14, 2007

Gingerbread House

I do not know why Bayley is so obsessed with gingerbread houses. He has been asking nearly every day if we can make one. I put him off, saying after Hanukkah. Well, he's a bit too smart for me. He thought that meant we'd do one on the day Hanukkah ended.

Ever the patient kid (ha!) he was so excited by it, Hayden and I went and got a kit on Thursday. I remembered almost instantly why it is I fight this tradition of Bay's every year.

The fighting when Hayden eats the candy...the mess from all that frosting...however, this year I did get a preassembled house (having learned from the tears that came from having to wait for it to dry).

They had a great time putting it all together, which is I guess what counts. As soon as dinner was over they went to work deconstructing it. Of course.

2 comments:

Mama K said...

Don't tell Brandon they got to eat theirs, He has to wait until after Christmas.

Anonymous said...

We are making ours today or tomorrow - I sort of dread it every year *grin*