Sunday, September 03, 2006

The camping trip that wasn't

We planned on camping this holiday weekend...a big R fest : Enjoy some Rustic Rural Recreation. Near a River. Bring our Raft. And fish with a Rod and Reel. Rogue the dog was coming too. Uncle Russell and Jeff would be burning Rubber, Racing to get there, and neither has a Radar detector, so things could get dicey. I've hidden the Rope so no one is tempted to Rappel down any Rocks. I'm hoping it doesn't Rain, because as nice as a Rainbow would be, it would Ruin by trip.

And then...Bayley spent his weekend at Grandma & Grandpa's collecting kindling for a campfire. Where we had a campsite Reserved there was a burn ban. Jeff thought he had a plan to find a site...but after driving around for hours on Friday night...we ended up camping in the backyard. Jeff tried to make it real...he borrowed the outdoor fireplace from a neighbor and we Roasted marshmallows for s'mores. But in the end...Bay decided "I think I would be more comfortable in my own bed."

I had such high hopes for the weekend, that I'm a bit crushed by the let down.

No comments: