Thursday, December 01, 2005

In his NOSE!!

I have no idea what it was Hayden thought to shove up his nose yesterday. Chewed up napkin or toilet paper is my guess. Jeff's money is on a crayon wrapper. But either way, it was a lot of junk.

He stands there, a finger knuckle deep in his nostril and says "Mommy, hurt"

"I bet, baby. Get your finger out of there. Do you need to blow it?" Now, he can't blow, it's more of a pinchy wipe thing I do. So when I get my fingers on the bridge of his nose I realize...it's full. "Did you stick something in your nose?"

"Yeah."

"Well, let me see it." So I pull a wad of gooey paper from his nose and say a thankful prayer that Bayley never thought to do this. And then his finger is back in his nose. "Is there more?" I ask tipping his head back. Sure enough.

I get the tweezers and go in. Another huge wad and he says, "All done."

Except you see, I'm not sure. This is Hayden. And while most people would stop after jamming one nostril, if they thought to try it at all, he does nothing by halves. So I catch him and peek in the other side. Wouldn't you know.

I get the obvios peices, but he's still digging so I know there is more. With the help of a pillow and a MagLight I find still more jammed in each side. I swear, he would have had less packing for a nose job.

What is with this kid!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously rolling on the floor laughing - I know that isn't exactly the kind thing to do in this moment, but I cannot help it - I never thought of doing that, nor if I had would I have wanted to. That kid is amazing. Remember what Mrs. Rutledge always said - if it is bigger then your elbow it doesn't belong in your nose. Now if you ever see him trying to break his shoulder so that he can get his elbow in his nose then you will have another problem.

-Uncle Gabe

Anonymous said...

Ok... on the one hand -EEEWWWW!
And on the other, at least it wasn't food - one of Eddie's nursery pals seems to think that food goes up your nose instead of in your mouth when the teacher's back is turned - that is REALLY gross!