Monday, September 12, 2005

First Day!

How beautifully uneventful. No whining, no crying, just bliss. Bayley dressed himself, donned his backpack and we walked to preschool. He marched right into the classroom and started checking things out. A few minutes of being completely ignored and Jeff decided to bail. That was the one and only glimpse of nervousness, abated the second he realized I was staying a bit longer. One more picture colored and even I hit the door without protest. He is amazing.

For the record, he loved the snack - graham crackers and marshmallows. But he passed on the juice and had water instead. On the way home he said that some of the kids "knew how to listen to the teacher better" and got prizes. I pointed out those kids were probably in preschool last year (they have a class for 3-yr-olds too) and I think he felt better about it.

Hayden had a hard time. He wanted to go to school too. Even at home he was looking for Bayley and a little mopey. I guess one-on-one time with me pales in comparison to the whilwind of excitement that is Bayley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!
That's the hard part over... I still think the funniest thing about Eddie being at his nursery school is that he never minds being dropped off, but almost without fail objects to being picked up to go home.

Unknown said...

K-

I think that's how you know he's in the right place! Bayley is excited to go back, The teacher told them they get to do an art project on Wednesday and take it home on Friday. So Bayley has his whole week planned out!