Friday, June 12, 2009

Bittersweet

The house sold, the school year is ending, and we're on the hunt for a new home. It's thrilling to think of a house where I have an office to work in (that hasn't happened much lately), where the boys will have their own private space, and all the new things they'll learn next year.

But I can't help but want to hold on to their teachers, who've been such blessings to them both this year. Each boy had a real connection with their teacher, and it showed in all they learned.

I'll miss this house too, the place I brought my babies home to. I still love it, we just don't fit in it anymore. I'll miss my garden, especially when the tomatoes come in. I hope the street we move to has a collection of great kids for the boys to romp around with.

Change is good, but change is hard. One thing I won't miss? Having the main topic of conversation always be houses. I'm so over moving...and we haven't even packed!

1 comment:

Mama K said...

speaking of houses... did they accept your offer?