Tuesday, February 21, 2006

D-lightful

D is for decongestant. The boys and I got sick this fortnight. No fun, I tell you. The suffered through my croaky voice reading about Dragonflies, Dogs, and Deer, but definitely preferred Dora The Explorer on DVD. They liked reading about Dinosaurs, but the movie Dinosaur was deemed too scary by Bay.

The Dog finally got a walk, thought not as often as we planned because it went into Deep freeze here, the temperature hovering in the teens. That killed the Daffodils I was planning on taking them to buy at the Tulip farm. And it has been much to chilly to go and feed the Ducks. At least we see them when we drive out to Grandma Bobbie's house.

Bayley is trying to figure out Dominoes, but he doesn’t have the patience just yet. Plus, he lost two already. I went to the Doctor, but thought scheduling appointments for everyone just to D-up the week would be a bit much. Pop-Pop is handling the Doughnut outing with a Krispy Kreme excursion on Saturday. I wish we could have had Dessert more often, but alas, I’m on a Diet.

D foods presented another challenge. Hayden came through, making Devil’s food cupcakes, but beyond that we were stumped. Dates? Dill pickles? Not really the Burke Brother’s thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Gabe says...Dinosaur are a must learn this next couple of days. I remember wanting to be a paleontologist when I was younger and I think that Hayden would make a great one. How better to start 'em young then by getting them to dig for dinosaurs. Here is an idea...

Dinosaur Dig: Place one (or more) gummy dinosaur(s) in a cup. Add rocks or dirt (chocolate cereal or pudding) to it. Eat with a spoon.

http://edtech.kennesaw.edu/web/alphabet.html

Unknown said...

Dinosaur Gummies! We actually had those last week. But our boys have issues with their food touching things, even chocolatey things. Though...I'll ask :) Almost got this neat dinosaur game...like Operation but you try and get out dinosaur bones. Maybe if it goes Clearance.